Growing algae for food, nutrients, biodiesel, animal feed or use in
cosmetics is extremely rewarding.
amazing organism has so much to offer us and has been around for
of years. It has also been in used by a range of different cultures for
many thousands of years.
Of course there has been a lot of hype about algae. However, commercial
bodies now understand the importance of algal products. For instance,
NASA has partnered with a company under a Space Act Agreement, to model
the growth of microalgae for use as aviation fuel. ExxonMobil is one of
the world's largest oil companies, and announced in 2009 that it was
pumping US$600 million into developing biofuels from algae.
According to BioMatNet, worldwide
Spirulina production is expected to reach 220,000 tons
In these pages we consider the various uses and provide some background
information on algae generally. We are also providing in the months to
come a range of
eBooks to show you exactly how to make your own products.
These new ebooks will show how to grow and make food, fertilizer, and
Make sure you bookmark this page!
- Algae has many wonderful uses
- Algae Biodiesel
- Make your own algae biodiesel.
- Algae Photobioreactor
- In an algae photobioreactor you can grow your own food or make biodiesel.
- Algae to Ethanol
- World first! Algae to ethanol
- Grow Algae
- Grow algae at home and make your own health foods like Spirulina, or biofuels.
- Growing Algae in Open Ponds
- Growing algae in open ponds for biofuel or health foods.
- Algae for Entrepreneurs
- Algae for Entrepreneurs might just be your big start!
- Algae Growing Conditions
- Algae growing conditions need to be optimally maintained for high growth
- Spirulina has been used as source of nutrition since the Aztecs
- Algae Media
- Algae media describes the culture in which the organisms are grown
- Algae News
- Algae news, stay up to date as it comes in...
- Algae Blog
- algae blog, algal, cosmetics, algae food, biodiesel
- Algae Links
- Algae links to international culture collections
- Health enthusiasts speak about chlorella as a detoxifier and immune stimulator, amongst other things
- Blue Green Algae
- Blue green algae are really a type of bacteria known as Cyanobacteria
- Red Algae
- Red Algae is extensively farmed and harvested around the world
- Phytoplankton are the foundation of the marine food chain
- Red Tide
- Red Tide - more correctly know as algal bloom
- Algal Bloom
- Algal Bloom - the rapid increase and extremely high densities of phytoplankton, algae or cyanobacteria
- Bioplastics are derived from renewable biomass sources.
- About Me
- About me, is a brief biography on Steve Ewings
- Contact me at growing-algae.com
- Algae Soaks Up Carbon
- Algae soaks up carbon from the atmosphere.
- 4 Algae Books
- Save and purchase all 4 Algae Books.
- Spirulina Recipes
- The following spirulina recipes are just a few I have found which may be of interest.
- Growing Spirulina
- Growing spirulina
- Microalgae has generated a great deal of interest lately